Saturday, July 25, 2009

Life...Post #3: It's been a While.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my absence. It had most definitely been a while since I was on here. BUT I have really good reasons and I hope my posts will make up for the lost time.

July is always a hectic month for the ministry in Brazil. We have American groups coming down and helping out with both medical clinic and English Camp programs. This year was just as time-consuming as any other year I can think of! But it was also amazing to see God's hand at work. As I share more about what was accomplished this month, I would like to encourage you to pray for World Renewal Brazil.

I had to give this picture enough blog space to capture how beautiful it truly is. We were somewhere in Carpina called "The Big Dump". And they couldn't have chosen a better name.
There, entire families live their lives sorting out garbage. The dump has been made a priority in our ministry, as we return year after year to ensure the people are cared for. When young teenagers are running around with half-naked children covered in dirt and germs, you know something special is going on. And we were in awe of God's love.































The medical clinic also went to the towns of Ameixas, TracunhaƩm and Lagoa de Itaenga. On most occasions, it was my job to help my friend Seth take pictures. Well, I translated as he offered to take their pictures, anyway. Then, we would print them out and give them as gifts.
Many people had never had their pictures taken before! My favorite case was that of a young girl. She kept coming back to Seth and pointing to her mouth in the picture, then to her own mouth as she smiled.

The picture-taking was going great until we saw how quickly the magenta cartridge was emptying itself. The town of TracunhaƩm clearly holds the blame as you can see how much they enjoyed their flowers!
Our next program was English Camp, as I've mentioned before. Although I was mostly busy working on Pangaea at the time, I know the International School kids had a blast. "Very tiring", some of the adults involved were saying. And I believed them, considering they were at it from 8am 'til 4:30pm for three days! But they were glad to serve the Lord and I'm sure He was happy, too.

I was trying to think of a clever way to end this post, but my brain isn't sufficiently loaded with caffeine right now. Instead, I'll let you see some cool English Camp pictures:



For more information on World Renewal Brazil, please take the time to visit wribrazil.com
For a LOT more pictures of what I've been up to this month, this should do the trick: http://picasaweb.google.com/Brazilmedical2009

No comments:

Post a Comment